Explanation of Assignments and Grading
- Group Project:
- Witte (100 points; this must be submitted as a group project and may not be submitted late.)
- Postings to Blackboard discussion (4 @5 points each = 20 points)
IMPORTANT: To earn a grade of A, B, C or D, you must complete all required assignments, including the group project, and the two exams and earn the required number of points in the course.
- You may do the Russian Culture paper for up to 50 points extra credit.
- There are extra credit options available in each unit of the course: (1) You may submit one item of extra credit in each unit of the course; (2) you may not submit extra credit work from a unit once that unit has been completed; (3) you may not submit extra credit work if you are not up- to-date on the course required assignments.
- You can also earn extra credit at any time by (a) finding a typo, spelling error or broken link (if possible find a replacement link) or (b) finding any website or web materials that are relevant to this course. Please email that information (and the URL of the relevant course page) directly to your instructor. This is not subject to the "one assignment submitted per day" course rule.
Assignment Drafts and Rewrites:
- You are encouraged to submit a draft of an assignment to your instructor for feedback before you submit your assignment for grading; please submit well in advance of the assignment deadline. This does not apply to extra credit work.
- After you have received feedback on a submitted assignment, we do encourage the rewrite of an assignment to earn an improved grade (usually +5 points possible on a 50-point assignment and +10 points possible on a 100-point assignment), but here's the deal:
- You must contact your instructor within 24 hours of feedback being posted
- Your grade on the assignment must be the equivalent of a "C" or lower
- You must receive instructor approval to rewrite
- You must email the rewrite to your instructor before the next unit due date (usually the next Thursday or Monday)
- You may not rewrite extra credit work
- You may not submit a rewrite on the same day that you submit any other assignment or extra credit work
- Your rewrite must show definite improvement to earn an improved grade
- There are specific assignment deadlines in this course, and these are listed on the course schedule. You may submit any of the course required assignments, or the midterm exam, late, but the maximum point value will then be reduced by one-half.
- You may not take a required final exam late.
- You may not submit a late group project.
Check out some Example Assignments and Sample Test Items so you have a good idea of the kind of assignments that are required in the course.
To grade assignments in the course, we will sometimes use a rubric for the paragraph assignments and another for the paper assignments. Here is information on how to access those rubrics.
page is copyright © 2011-17, C. T. Evans
For information contact email@example.com