1. You must use Blackboard to submit an assignment or extra credit work to your instructor.
When you log into your Blackboard course, you will see a button (Submit Assignments) on the left side of Blackboard. When you click on that button, you will see a list of the assignments to submit. Click on the assignment that you want to submit, include a short message in the "Comments" box, attach your assignment and then click on the submit button. You will receive a confirmation message that your assignment was submitted. When you submit a required assignment, it will automatically be sent through SafeAssign to check for any plagiarism issues.
2. Always include in your short message to your instructor the following information:
3. When you have course/assignment questions, or when you want to submit a draft of an assignment, then you should use your student email to contact your professor.
Please always include your course, for example, HIS 101, on the subject line of your email. Failure to include your course on the subject line may prevent your email from being received and read by your instructor.
4. Always be courteous and polite in all of your email communications with your professor and college staff.
Let me repeat that we expect all emails from you to be formal, courteous and polite. Please also remember that you are not on a first name basis with your instructor, who should always be addressed as "professor."
5. Please do not submit more than one assignment or extra credit item at a time.
That means that your instructor will not accept more than one submission for grading per calendar day. This requirement does not apply to discussion posts on Blackboard.
6. Failure to follow these instructions may mean that an assignment will not reach your instructor.
If a submitted item does not reach your instructor with the required identifying information, or in a format that is incorrect or improper, he/she will return the work ungraded with a request for resubmission.
7. You can expect to receive timely feedback on your assignments.
Once you have sent an assignment to your instructor, you can expect a response within 24-48 hours. That feedback will appear on your Blackboard gradebook when you click on your assignment grade. If you do not see a grade and feedback within three days, please contact your instructor to confirm receipt of the assignment.
8. You should use your official VCCS email for all of your communications with your instructor.
Northern Virginia Community College and the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) ask you to use your official VCCS student e-mail account because of security and privacy concerns. You can access your official e-mail account at email.vccs.edu/. There is also an online Student Email Guidelines. Student technical support information for NVCC is at the college's IT Help Desk. If you wish, you can set up your student email to forward your messages to another email account. Log into your student email and click on the "Settings" option. Then select "Forwarding and POP/IMAP," and there you can enter the email address that you want your student email to forward to.
This page is copyright © 2011-16, C. T.
For information contact email@example.com