Explanation of Assignments and Grading
Required course assignments
- Course formal introduction in unit 1 = 10 points
- Discussion postings in units 1 and 16 = 10 points (2 posts @ 5 points each)
- Reflective paragraph in unit 16 = 20 points
- Creation of a blog to record your work in this course (20 points)
- Eight substantial posts and comments @ 5 points each (40 points)
- Midterm Exam = 125 points
- Final Exam = 125 points
- You must do these required assignments
- You must do one of these assignments, and you may do more with instructor permission. You will submit on Canvas in unit 16 as your choice assignment. (100 points)
Special course grading requirements
IMPORTANT: To earn a grade of A, B, C or D, you
- must complete all required assignments
- pass the two exams in the course with a combined score of at least 150 points out of the possible 250. If you fail to achieve that score, then you will fail the course. You may not take a required midterm or final exam late.
- earn the required number of points for an A, B, C, or D in the course.
- There are extra credit options available in some units of the course: (1) You may submit one item of extra credit in each unit of the course; (2) you may not submit extra credit work from a unit once that unit has been completed; (3) you may not submit extra credit work if you are not up- to-date on the course required assignments.
- You can also earn extra credit at any time by (a) finding a typo, spelling error or broken link (if possible find a replacement link) or (b) finding any website or web materials that are relevant to this course. Please email that information (and the URL of the relevant course page) directly to your instructor. This is not subject to the "one assignment submitted per day" course rule.
Assignment drafts and Rewrites/Resubmits
- You are encouraged to email a draft of an assignment to your instructor for informal feedback before you submit your assignment for grading. Please email well in advance of the assignment deadline. This does not apply to extra credit work.
- You may choose to resubmit an assignment after taking note of instructor feedback.
- There are specific assignment deadlines in this course, and these are listed on the course schedule. You may submit any of the course required assignments late, but the maximum point value will then be reduced by one-half.
- You may not take a required midterm or final exam late.
This page is copyright © 2014-20, C.T. Evans
For information contact email@example.com