The Mauser facility in Palmerton was located at 480 Delaware Ave (basically on the alley behind Delaware Avenue at 5th St.) Part of the structure survives to this day. It was not a mill, just a warehouse and feed manufacturing facility and store.
April 1914, the Mauser Mill Company purchased the flour and feed business of the late D. O Straup (1860-1914) of Palmerton.
In 1945, Mauser Mill was granted permission to move its warehouse from Lehigh Avenue to a lot adjoining the mill.
In 1952, an addition was approved to rear of building on Delaware Avenue.
In 1959, the company expanded its business office on Delaware Avenue. Meanwhile, the plant built also new, large feed bins capable of storing 100 tons of feed.
In July 1966, Nebraska Consolidated Mills purchased the Mauser Mill Company, including the Mauser Feed & Grain Corporation in Palmerton.
Then in 1967, Palmerton Feed & Grain, a subsidiary of Xtra Factors, Ephrata, PA, assumed ownership of the former Mauser Feed & Grain Corporation in Palmerton. Xtra Factors was a company focusing on animal feed and feed supplements.
The building is now the Carbon-Lehigh Intermediate Unit. The ”Carbon-Lehigh Achievement School” is a center-based school for students requiring behavioral, emotional and mental health support in grades 6 through 12.